With Apple’s new outperforming M1 chip, you can also install iOS or iPadOS on those ARM Macs. Here is how you do it.
First of all, you need to have Apple Silicon M1 chip macs to do that, secondly, those apps needs to be associated with your account. A redditor posted it on how to do it and it is simple and doesn’t involve jumping through hoops and loops or hacks.
If you have a LEGAL .ipa file from the App Store (downloading via iTunes, backup from your device, using a tool like iMazing, etc.) then you can double-click the .ipa file to open and install them on your M1 Mac.https://www.reddit.com/r/mac/comments/jw5y7t/psa_you_can_install_ios_apps_not_officially/
Now the question is how do you get your IPA files from your iPhone or iPad, you can use the app iMazing to extract your IPA files. Here is how that reddit user describes it.
- Plug-in device to Mac with iMazing running
- Select “Apps” for the iPhone plugged in to your Mac
- Select “Manage Apps” in the tabs at the bottom
- Select “Library” in the manage apps screen
- Download the apps you want
- Right click on the downloaded app in the list -> Export ipa
- Double-click the .ipa file on an M1 Mac to run install it.
He seems to have installed Spotify, Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, etc. There may be other issues and possibly Apple blocking this. So enjoy while you can.